G-Power Gives Mercedes-AMG GT S A Boost - Mercedes AMG GT Forum

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
G-Power Gives Mercedes-AMG GT S A Boost

G-Power is a German tuning company known for their dedication to the refinement and tuning of sporty automobiles from BMW and AMG. This time, they’ve set their sights on the Mercedes-AMG GT and the results are nothing short of amazing.

From factory, the standard Mercedes-AMG GT cranks out 462 horsepower and 600 Nm of torque while the GT S pumps out a substantial 503 hp. Using their new Bi-Tronik 5 power module, G-Power managed to bump up the GT’s output to 610 hp at 6,500 rpm and 755 Nm of torque between 4,000 and 5,500 rpm. That’s an increase of 148 hp and 155 Nm! This software tune can be applied to the AMG GT S for an identical power increase and it’ll allow both models to accelerate from 0-60 mph in just 3.6 seconds.

Ensuring that engine protection functions and reliability remain unaffected, the tune is designed to keep power at factory stock levels until a certain oil temperature is reached and it should shut off the power valve when the cooling water temperature hits a pre-set limit.

On top of a performance boost, G-Power also adds a set of Hurricane RR alloy wheels and they’re offered in four finished; Finish Jet Black, Gun Metal Grey, Stardust Silver and Diamond-cut. Compared to the stock wheels, these are lighter which should reduce unsprung mass.

Not a bad deal for 7,645 euros.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 03:08 PM

I think this may be the biggest power bump a tuning company has given the GT S ! Gotta go back and check through the threads to confirm. Lighter wheels are a huge added plus. The best weight reduction is rotational mass reduction.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 04:43 PM

I just hope that with it running 305's in the rear in whatever make and model of tire its is, that it will grip enough. Of course we'll want some ability to throw the rear end out but with the level of refinement the AMG GT brings we need grip, just to complement what its about.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 12:59 PM

For sure. The last thing we want is something that follows the American vehicles where they have a whole ton of horsepower and can't hook the ground if their lives depended on it. You want to be able to launch and only have it slip out when you want it to or under more extreme maneuvers.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 02:55 PM

How does the power increase come about? Is it just a power programmer? What is the cost without the wheel purchase. I will be honest I do not like many factory wheels but I do really like my AMG GTS wheel package. SPRCHRG
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRCHRG View Post
How does the power increase come about? Is it just a power programmer? What is the cost without the wheel purchase. I will be honest I do not like many factory wheels but I do really like my AMG GTS wheel package. SPRCHRG
Check this website link here and all of their products for the AMG GT is listed below:

The GT S power upgrade is approximately 3,000euros

https://www.g-power.com/leistungsste...ukte_99999.php
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRCHRG View Post
Most of these tuning brands don't get wheels right at all.

Fortunately ADV.1 is one of the brands out there that has a few wheels for the AMG GT, here's one of my favorites:

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 08:22 PM

I really see nothing wrong with the G-Power wheels at all, but wheels all comes down to personal preference and what not. Those ADV.1 are nice wheels, but with all of the choices out there for the AMG GT, It probably wouldn't be my choice at all.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I really see nothing wrong with the G-Power wheels at all, but wheels all comes down to personal preference and what not. Those ADV.1 are nice wheels, but with all of the choices out there for the AMG GT, It probably wouldn't be my choice at all.
I guess G-Power had to come out with something seeing how they're in the business of offering full packages to owners, taking away the guess work of what would work. But at the same time its too easy to just select another wheel or cherry pick what you like/don't like from G-Power. I cherry pick.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes AMG GT Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page