GTS Car Cover - Mercedes AMG GT Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
GTS Car Cover

Any recommendations for a car cover? I'm expecting my 2018 GTS with aerodynamic package to be delivered in 4-6 weeks. At the port in Germany now. Appreciate any suggestions.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 12:59 PM

Are you planning to store it indoors or outdoors? Coverking seems to be a good option, maybe you can have them custom make you one,
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
It will be garaged when not driving. Since I posted this question I did some research and found The Cover Store online. If anyone has any experiences with the company or products, would love to hear about it. I tried to post the URL for the product but this forum apparently requires that one have a minimum number of post counts before one can post links or images. Not sure what that's all about.

Anyway, whatever feedback you might have would be appreciated.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 01:20 PM

Mercedes should have a car cover for your AMG GTS and that would definitely be the one I would want to go with over some sort of universal car cover
mshapi likes this.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 11:17 PM

I much prefer vehicle specific over universal just for the features of specific fitting mirror covers and all of that. Especially for something as special as the AMG GT, you can bet I want something extremely high quality, durable, soft on the inside and resistant on the outside.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 03:42 PM

Same here especially because the way it wraps around the vehicle makes it much easier to stay on and secured. Universal covers tend to be loose and over time can move. But if you have it stored indoors where there isn't any gust of wind or air blowing in your shouldn't have a problem. Its better than no cover at all.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 01:34 PM

Not sure about Cover Store online, maybe they're good since they even have covers for patio furniture, so they've had plenty of opportunities to fine tune their craft. But I've never used their products before.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 10:16 AM

Worst case scenario if you really want to go all out and above, you can always get one of those car capsules. Regulated air to keep a constant temperature, filtered so no dust, it really doesn't get better than that lol

$430.00 well spent in my opinion

http://www.carcovers.com/covers/cars...-capsule.html#
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VersionTwo View Post
Worst case scenario if you really want to go all out and above, you can always get one of those car capsules. Regulated air to keep a constant temperature, filtered so no dust, it really doesn't get better than that lol

$430.00 well spent in my opinion

http://www.carcovers.com/covers/cars...-capsule.html#
Some friends I know that live in condos do that. Just having a cover isn't enough, sometimes the dust that builds down their creeps up the cover a bit. Then theres even the fact of how much it can preserve your paints vibrancy especially after paying for top notch detail jobs.

can't underestimate protection.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 01:32 PM

At that point, you may as well get one of those car capsules then. Taking this out on regular public roads will also do a lot of damage, you just have to be diligent with maintenance cleaning and knowing where you're driving.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes AMG GT Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page