Render of upcoming AMG GT Black Series - Mercedes AMG GT Forum

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Render of upcoming AMG GT Black Series

Spy photographers have already taken shots of the AMG GT Black Series Prototype testing. This model will be the range topping model of the AMG GT. It won't be in showrooms until 2017 at the earliest, but thankfully we have this render to give us a little taste of what we can look forward to. Rumor has it that the Black Series will have horsepower approaching the 600 mark.
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014, 12:48 PM

Interesting, I wonder what the cost would be like on a GT Black Series. I would assume they're trying to go after the 911 GT3? I'm not sure.

Would it be a full blown track day car?

Visually similar to the SLS Black Series, well done.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I'm sure it would feel at home on the track, but I'm sure you could drive it around town too if you wanted to. If the regular AMG GT is going for $100,000 ish, I am thinking that this is going to be somewhere in the ballpark of $125,000to $135,000. That is my guess.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2014, 03:04 PM

Anyone here not liking the wheels they throw on the black series models? I wasn't much of a fan of them. If it was up to me to get a black series model, i'd probably put on an aftermarket set of wheels in black.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
I'm sure it would feel at home on the track, but I'm sure you could drive it around town too if you wanted to. If the regular AMG GT is going for $100,000 ish, I am thinking that this is going to be somewhere in the ballpark of $125,000to $135,000. That is my guess.
not quite the GT S is going to top out about $140ish Black will be closer to 200K IMO...
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Kelly View Post
not quite the GT S is going to top out about $140ish Black will be closer to 200K IMO...
Wow, you really think it'll start that high? That's a pretty penny.

AMG boss Tobias Moers has confirmed the Black Series, but we shouldn't expect to see it until 2018. It will have a new aerodynamic kit, a stiffer suspension and a new wheel design. So plenty to look forward to.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:

AMG boss Tobias Moers has confirmed the Black Series, but we shouldn't expect to see it until 2018. It will have a new aerodynamic kit, a stiffer suspension and a new wheel design. So plenty to look forward to.
Unless it's some breed of black series unlike what we have seen in other models, which in that case would help to justify the higher price point.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:

Sure, figure the SLS started at ~$200K and the Black Series came in north of ~$250K, believe it was $275 or something, so yea, similar jump to be expected on the GT...
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 12:47 PM

since the sls amg black series was inspried by it's GT3 race car, i wonder how much longer it will be till we see an AMG GT GT3 vehicle
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastlane View Post
since the sls amg black series was inspried by it's GT3 race car, i wonder how much longer it will be till we see an AMG GT GT3 vehicle
i haven't seen anything about it yet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes AMG GT Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page