AMG GT Sound Testing - Mercedes AMG GT Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
AMG GT Sound Testing

Pre Launch work obviously...

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 04:25 PM

Never seen the inside of a room like this that car makers use, just seeing the AMG GT roll in in the beginning is epic. Good to see they go to measures like this to ensure it sound exactly how they want it to.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2014, 07:08 PM

I think its more about meeting regulations...

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2014, 04:20 PM

It is a pretty intense testing room. While meeting regulations is definitely a big part of this, I do think that companies spend a good amount of time perfecting their exhaust note, especially on a car that is close to the top of the lineup like the AMG GT.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2014, 04:37 PM

As far as video's go, this is probably one of the best that let you really hear how that V8 sounds without anything else to take away from the experience.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014, 03:43 PM

That room is crazy. i didn't even know something like that exists. it seems like it is a holodeck or some type of bunker. I'm curious to know more about the facility. Do you think Mercedes-Benz owns it, or do they just rent it out and it has other uses as well?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014, 07:23 PM

tough to say if it's a facility they own or space and service they rented in order to go about this testing.

you also do need to consider how much work is involved with making a vehicle and then to continuously improve and refine, that in mind does give power to the idea that it's theirs.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S04CHN8 View Post
tough to say if it's a facility they own or space and service they rented in order to go about this testing.

you also do need to consider how much work is involved with making a vehicle and then to continuously improve and refine, that in mind does give power to the idea that it's theirs.
shirts say AMG, imagine thats building staff... a shared building opens you up industrial theft...
S04CHN8 likes this.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Kelly View Post
shirts say AMG, imagine thats building staff... a shared building opens you up industrial theft...
Didn't notice the AMG logo on their shirts before.
Good point.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 10:08 AM

I suppose it would make sense for Mercedes-AMG to have a facility like this all to themselves for developing their products. Regardless of who owns it, it is really cool that a room like this exists.

Do you think that auto companies try to steal from each other ever? I remember hearing that someone approached Pepsi with Coke's recipe and Pepsi turned them in to the government. I imagine similar stuff could happen in the auto industry (except for China who copies and steals everything.)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes AMG GT Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page