Armytrix Exhaust - AMG GT S - Mercedes AMG GT Forum

post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Armytrix Exhaust - AMG GT S

Really not as insane as I thought it would be. Could be mic quality but I expected something with much more bark, snap, and crackle to it.

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 05:02 PM

Not bad at all and as nice as this sounds I still want something different, something that has more of an exotic sound to it. Out of all vehicles out there a high performance MB V8 is capable of just that. Armytrix just never really hit it off on that note for me.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Have you found any exhaust systems that offer the sound you're looking for?

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 11:48 AM

Could check out Renntech or iPE as they make systems for the AMG GT variants as well and they're pretty sweet.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 12:49 PM

Brabus, as expensive as they are, does make my list. But I will need to hear some of their systems enough to make a final call. I would even consider getting a full headers back system, yeah that might set me back a good $30k but the sound will be worth it.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 03:07 PM

The sound and even performance gain you'll receive would be worth it for sure. I'm personally more of a fan of doing it the full way, one shot. Spend the money and get it done right and complete.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 10:55 PM

Too bad Akra exhausts won't fit the AMG GT S. They're pretty much the standard when it comes to aftermarket exhausts and the sound has never been disappointing.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 03:17 PM

I'm sure you could always get a well known tuner shop to fabricate something to make it work.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InHouseSpecial View Post
Too bad Akra exhausts won't fit the AMG GT S. They're pretty much the standard when it comes to aftermarket exhausts and the sound has never been disappointing.
Not an entire system but people tend to pull certain parts and make their own or just go entirely custom.
With how good the AMG GT sounds and the potential for aftermarket parts, I bet its rare any owner wants to go custom right now.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 02:54 PM

Probably won't see it for a long time. These aren't cars people generally put under the knife and start chopping and screwing. Why go through all of that hassle when you have Armytrix, Renntech, etc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes AMG GT Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page