Electric Mercedes Supercar - Mercedes AMG GT Forum

post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Electric Mercedes Supercar

Now this is pretty epic as it really doesn't look like a Mercedes at all, except for the grill of course. This isn't your typical design that you would see..very far off actually. Manufacturers typically follow a design that is true to them. Every Porsche looks like a Porsche. Every Audi looks like an Audi. You don't confuse them. If you were to remove the grill from this supercar however, you wouldn't know it's a Mercedes. It's an independent design.

What do you think of it?

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 02:32 PM

As much as I like this when it comes to design, it still needs more going on from what MB currently has to look like a true Mercedes.
Taking more inspiration the following concept would do it a lot of good. I get they want to make it look like a real EV but at the same time sticking to what they do is also important.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 02:17 PM

Don't know why but the rear end in OPs post reminds me of the rear of the Lykan Hypersport... little traces from all over it.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 12:49 PM

That's just part of where supercar design has been heading lately. Many examples out there of it from a number of car makers. The McLaren P1 is one good example of these "opened back" (or what ever you want to call it) supercars:

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 12:12 PM

The smiling grille in the front just reminds me of a Mazda and it's not really a good look for it. Not sure about the rear either. Don't they usually streamline that area for aerodynamics?
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
It's definitely the best way, looking above at @Fastlane post and looking at a car like the Aston Martin Vulcan, they look amazing full streamlined. Even the Aston Martin AM-RB 001

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 06:07 PM

Went looking for examples of what Mercedes can model after and the Chiron is a good example, if they have have a similar rear end going on, or just a rear end that fits the MB mold, then this is it:

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I absolutely love the rear end of the Chiron. I think this is the first Bugatti I actually appreciate aesthetically. Hated the way the Veyrons looked. Take it one step further to the Bugatti Vision GT and you have a real winner.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 01:36 AM

The Chiron is what Bugatti finally got right. The top speed on that thing is still unknown however which just adds that much more interest into it. There's something about these new supercars and hypercars coming out.. just when you think they can't get any crazier, they find a way to take it those few steps further.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 02:56 AM

Even the Veyron had some amazing design during the time it released but being a product that stuck around for a while in a market with design that's drastically changing its easy to see how it looks bad over time. Chiron just keeps them relevant with the times, much like what most car makers do after a successful run of a generation.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes AMG GT Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page