AMG Dynamic Plus - Mercedes AMG GT Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ma Kelly

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
AMG Dynamic Plus

Standard equipment on the AMG GT, AMG Dynamic plus is a drivetrain dampening system, specially tuned to eliminate useless rolling motions.

Quote:
The AMG DYNAMIC PLUS package augments dynamism and agility even more. It is available exclusively for the GT S and includes dynamic engine and transmission mounts. The engine and transmission mounts assume an important function in the case of a transaxle design: soft mounts improve comfort since they provide more effective decoupling of noise and vibration. Handling and agility benefit, however, from an overall stiffer mount set-up.
Strachan100 likes this.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 11:19 AM

Interesting, thanks for posting this.
Now i'm looking forward to testing one out even more now.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 12:05 PM

so standard equipment on GT? or only on the GTS. My wife hates a hard car and I'm hoping there will be a soft setting on the GT.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strachan100 View Post
so standard equipment on GT? or only on the GTS. My wife hates a hard car and I'm hoping there will be a soft setting on the GT.
Sounds like the GT will have softer setting as well, however I believe Plus is only for the GT-S...

Quote:
AMG DYNAMIC PLUS package available as an option for the GT S

The Mercedes-AMG GT comes as standard with drivetrain damping. A specially tuned damper reduces undesirable rolling motion of the entire drivetrain including the transaxle transmission, thus substantially improving comfort and agility.

The AMG DYNAMIC PLUS package augments dynamism and agility even more. It is available exclusively for the GT S and includes dynamic engine and transmission mounts. The engine and transmission mounts assume an important function in the case of a transaxle design: soft mounts improve comfort since they provide more effective decoupling of noise and vibration. Handling and agility benefit, however, from an overall stiffer mount set-up.

Mercedes-AMG resolves these conflicting objectives using dynamic mounts, which adjust their stiffness continuously, and instantly to the respective driving conditions and handling. The special control electronics in the AMG CHASSIS CONTROLLER, ACC, provide this function. The ACC detects driving situations on the basis of CAN data, is connected to the electronic rear-axle locking differential and thus ensures optimum, balanced driving dynamics. AMG has gone a step further when implementing this technology: the engine and transmission mounts are even actuated independently of each other. The advantage: this innovative solution provides an additional substantial improvement in driving precision and lateral dynamics.
Jochen Hermann, Head of Overall Vehicle Engineering AMG: "The combination of selectively variable mounts and a transaxle drivetrain is unique. Mercedes-AMG is once again promoting leading-edge technology, thus affirming our aspirations in terms of driving performance."

A specific engine application in the DYNAMIC SELECT "RACE" drive mode and in the manual "M" transmission mode makes the GT S even more dynamic. The package also includes tauter suspension tuning thanks to raised spring and damping characteristics, more negative camber at the front axle as well as an adapted sports speed-sensitive steering. Thus the driver benefits from better performance with optimised handling. The performance steering wheel as well as yellow highlights in the instrument cluster round off the AMG DYNAMIC PLUS package.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 11:24 AM

Dynamic plus is an option and unfortunately mine doesn't have it

Phil
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfactor View Post
Dynamic plus is an option and unfortunately mine doesn't have it

Phil
Have you been in an AMG with Dynamic plus as yet?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes AMG GT Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page