Mercedes-AMG GT Sedan Spotted - Mercedes AMG GT Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Mercedes-AMG GT Sedan Spotted

Only a week has gone by since we saw the Mercedes-AMG GT four-door concept vehicle at the 2017 Geneva auto show and now, what could be a camouflaged prototype has been spotted roaming around Stuttgart, Germany.

Mercedes seems eager to push out their own Porsche Panamera fighter and judging by what we can see through the black-and-white camouflage, the production model should resemble its concept even though the design has been toned down.

At the front is a familiar set of LED headlights with a slightly more angular shape, Panamerica grille and a shortened hood. It still has a curvaceous, swooping body which leads to the hidden tailgate lines and we can expect to see taillights that resemble those of the GT coupé.

According to Autocar, the GT four-door will be sitting on a stretched version of the E-Class’s platform for a longer, wider and shorter body. Moving the vehicle using all four wheels is a twin-turbocharged 4.0-litre V8 petrol engine for an expected output in excess of 600 bhp.

If that’s not enough for you, there’s an even more powerful hybrid variant in the future with an electric motor and AMG’s 4.0-litre V8. Combined, the hybrid concept is able to produce 805bhp for a 0-62mph sprint time of just under 3 seconds.

Arriving around September next year, the AMG GT Sedan is expected to be priced higher than its Porsche Panamera Turbo which starts at £113,075. Those who want the hybrid variant will have to wait until 2019.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 02:38 PM

Looking at the rear, for some reason I'm reminded of an aston martin.... No idea why. But I feel these spyshots look way better than the concept form. Way better.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 03:56 PM

Maybe I can kind of see it if I squint.. but nonetheless, after the camo is dropped, we won't see it like that. It looks like they toned it down a fair bit though.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 03:22 PM

They do have a technical partnership with Aston Martin so it's possible. Can't count it out just yet.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 02:20 PM

Its starting to remind me of the Aston Martin Rapidem which was one of my favorite and underated sporty 4 doors.

However they decide to design the rear, i just hope its sportier than the CLS:

Going to be the first time we see something like this come to market.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:11 PM

Can definitely see traits following through with that Aston Martin. Which I don't mind.. I love em'. The CLS never really satisfied me. It just seemed very bland... very.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes AMG GT Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page