Mercedes-AMG GT pricing - Mercedes AMG GT Forum

post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Mercedes-AMG GT pricing

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/10/mer...15k-or-as.html

Quote:
Mercedes has just announced pricing for their new AMG GT coupe and AMG C63 sports cars in Germany.

The least you’ll have to pay to get a piece of the new Mercedes four-liter biturbo V8 is €76,100. That’s how much the standard version of the new AMG C63 costs, and prices only go up from there should you want the C63 S or any of the two AMG GT variants.

The C63 S, which gains 33 hp over the basic C63, also adds another €8,271 to the price, bringing it up to €84,371. Between the estate and sedan body styles available, plus the S or non-S option, the C63 can be had in a total of four distinct variants. The dearest is obviously the S Estate which costs €86,037 – if you want a specced up “Edition 1” model, that brings up the price even more. In S Estate trim, it comes close to the €100,000 mark.

The AMG GT has a very similar range, with S and non-S, as well as Edition 1. It kicks off at €115,430 and tops off at €134,351. For reference, the Porsche 911 Carrera 4S starts from €112,313 in Germany, and since you might ask, the same car costs $105,630 in the US.

The following statement was issued by Tobias Moer, the CEO of Mercedes-AMG.

"For us, the sales start of the Mercedes-AMG GT and C 63 is the start of a new era which is also highlighted by the new nomenclature. In this way we are positioning Mercedes-AMG even more aggressively than before as a dynamic sports car brand," he remarked, adding that "when sales start, both models will already be available as particularly dynamic S-models. I am quite certain of this: the driving dynamics, agility and sportiness will thrill our AMG customers. With these two high-performance models we are further reinforcing our brand claim of "Driving Performance."

The first cars are expected to hit (German) showrooms in February/the first quarter of 2015.
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 09:30 AM

They're going to have trouble talking people out of their porsches. We're talking 50+ years of pedigree, they are essentially the benchmark in the industry for car feel, engagement and brand persona.

I'm sorry but I just don't think Mercedes can compete with those intangibles.

Thats not to knock the GT, by all means it seems like a great car. But thats just the thing, it seems, we know the Porsche IS, ARE, WILL BE....
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 09:48 AM

^ that is so true. I like both MB and Porsche and i'm finding it hard to decide if I should go with either an 911 or the AMG GT...i'm leaning a bit more towards the 911 for now.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 11:32 AM

You guys make it sound like Porsche is so much better than Mercedes. I think that the AMG GT is an excellent vehicle that can go head-to-head with the 911. I don't see how Mercedes could have really made something better that would do a better job of battling the 911.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I see 911s every day. The AMG GT is far more interesting to me.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Kelly View Post
They're going to have trouble talking people out of their porsches. We're talking 50+ years of pedigree, they are essentially the benchmark in the industry for car feel, engagement and brand persona.

I'm sorry but I just don't think Mercedes can compete with those intangibles.

You don't think Mercedes-Benz can compete on brand pedigree? Really? That's laughable.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBeste View Post
You don't think Mercedes-Benz can compete on brand pedigree? Really? That's laughable.

You think that is the great equaliser? Really, thats laughable...

Again, not a knock on the GT or Mercedes, but when it comes to sporting pedigree Mercedes never had a chance...
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Mercedes has a long sporting history too my friend...this isn't Kia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercede..._in_motorsport

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 12:18 PM

That's what I was thinking. It's not anything against Porsche, but Mercedes also has a long history and well developed brand. They are by no means the new kid on the block. People may have a stronger connection to one or the other, but I don't think you can say one brand is actually better than the other. More just preference.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 12:49 PM

OUUU DTM and Formula 3, you don't say...

Yes you can say one brand is better than another, especially when it comes to motorsports. Porsche is a Motorsport Company and they have been from day one. Thats a cold hard fact I don't understand why you people are having such difficulty with that.

Porsche does motorsports better than Mercedes does, PERIOD. Porsche is the record holder for Le Mans overall victories, the crucible of sportscar racing. How many companies do you know that have won overall at Le Mans and the Dakar Rally? Exactly, just one, Porsche.

Quote:
Porsche is currently the world's largest race car manufacturer. In 2006, Porsche built 195 race cars for various international motor sports events, and in 2007 Porsche is expected to construct no less than 275 dedicated race cars (7 RS Spyder LMP2 prototypes, 37 GT2 spec 911 GT3-RSRs, and 231 911 GT3 Cup vehicles).
Quote:
Porsche regards racing as an essential part of ongoing engineering development—it was traditionally very rare for factory-entered Porsche racing cars to appear at consecutive races in the same specification. Some aspect of the car almost invariably, was being developed, whether for the future race programs or as proof of concept for future road cars.
Racing is their methodology, while Mercedes uses it for Marketing. Yes Mercedes has a racing History not once have I denied that, But again, its no where near as robust or impressive as what Porsche has done....

Last edited by Ma Kelly; 10-08-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes AMG GT Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page