2016 Mercedes AMG GT: What do you dislike/like about it? - Mercedes AMG GT Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Question 2016 Mercedes AMG GT: What do you dislike/like about it?

What do you dislike/like about the all-new Mercedes-AMG GT?

To help fuel this discussion, read through the topics linked below that will help get you up to speed on what you need to know about the AMG GT:

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014, 03:20 PM

I dislike the lack of a Manual Transmission. The 911 still has one, the Vette still has one... Ah well...
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.FeelGood View Post
I dislike the lack of a Manual Transmission. The 911 still has one, the Vette still has one... Ah well...
Top spec Benzes haven't featured manual transmissions since the 1970s. You wouldn't want it in this car. Mercedes brand qualities include luxurious isolation to an extent, which is perfectly accomplished by a responsive automated transmission.

I'm undecided on the rear end styling. There is potential for a bit more distinctive detailing, which I bet will be addressed when the AMG GT facelift is revealed in a few years. It reminds me of when the Bentley Continental GT Coupe first debuted -- the rear form was a bit featureless, and the facelift remedied that.

The square design era of Mercedes-Benz is certainly over...

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBeste View Post
Ever since seeing it in full, I always loved how the rear end looks.
Mercedes did an amazing job with designing this.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014, 04:15 PM

Hadn't actually seen the back until now. I like how they kept it very simple. I think that it looks nice and futuristic with the minimalism.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 11:23 AM

I hate the back up sensors, but it's something I can learn to ignore over time
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 11:52 AM

I have a concern over the back end too. It makes the front look heavy when the car is viewed from the side. I hope it's futuristic and we'll all be saying how much ahead fo it's time it was at launch :-/
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBeste View Post
Top spec Benzes haven't featured manual transmissions since the 1970s. You wouldn't want it in this car. Mercedes brand qualities include luxurious isolation to an extent, which is perfectly accomplished by a responsive automated transmission.
Yes but I'm not after insulation, I'm after aggressive assertion and abuse of my environment immediate

IF and this is a BIG IF, their gearbox can match Porsche's PDK then things will be well. That is a tough act to follow though...
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 10:47 AM

The simplicity of the back end makes the sensors stand out more, but complaining about those sensors is really nit picking.

When you look at the front, and then the back, the two look slightly separated with the back being so simple and the front having a bit more going on. I think it will look better in person where you can take in every angle.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
The simplicity of the back end makes the sensors stand out more, but complaining about those sensors is really nit picking.

When you look at the front, and then the back, the two look slightly separated with the back being so simple and the front having a bit more going on. I think it will look better in person where you can take in every angle.
I agree, it really is nit picking, a small issue. Still noticeable, but something we'll have to learn to live with.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes AMG GT Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page