User Tag List

post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
January Delivery GTS

Hi Everyone,

I'm based in London and I have just put a deposit down for a GTS for delivery in January 2016.

Looking forward to it but have a couple of questions if anyone could help me out with as I need to finalise my spec in the next 4 weeks:

1. Carbon Brakes - thinking of getting them but does anyone have any experience of these against the standard steel ones on the GTS? Previous cars I have tried with carbon brakes have often been rather grabby and squeaky.

2. AMG Performance Seats - the car I test drove had the standard seats which were comfortable but I think the Performance seats look much better. My dealer though has said the Performance seats are nowhere near as comfortable as the standard ones.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks very much.
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015, 04:24 PM

Hi,

I've had my GTS for 1 week now. The AMG Performance seats are amazing, they have so much adjustment, full lumbar, side bolster adjustment for the thighs and back. They look great and just set off the quality of the interior. I also have the CCBD's and yes they are proper racing brakes, they take time to learn to modulate and yes they can be a bit on or off and yes now and again at low speeds they squeak, but this is a proper racing car for the road and you don't buy this car if you want comfort and quietness. This car is my daily driver and its hardcore, takes total concentration at all times, its noisy, crazy noisy and really fast. The ride even in comfort settings is rock hard and unless the road is smooth you will feel everything.

I love the car, it turns heads, grown adults gather around it taking pictures, it looks 100% better in the flesh, a true unique supercar.

PS: Please get the AMG performance package and carbon interior, you won't regret it!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdash123 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm based in London and I have just put a deposit down for a GTS for delivery in January 2016.

Looking forward to it but have a couple of questions if anyone could help me out with as I need to finalise my spec in the next 4 weeks:

1. Carbon Brakes - thinking of getting them but does anyone have any experience of these against the standard steel ones on the GTS? Previous cars I have tried with carbon brakes have often been rather grabby and squeaky.

2. AMG Performance Seats - the car I test drove had the standard seats which were comfortable but I think the Performance seats look much better. My dealer though has said the Performance seats are nowhere near as comfortable as the standard ones.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks very much.
Cdash,

Welcome and congratulations on the order and now the process of incisiveness and waiting begins.

I went for performance seats but didn't get carbons. I have driven cars with both and without both. The carbons were on and off and as my car is also my daily commute I just couldn't put up with them. Shame really because I do track as well. The performance seats were comfy and supportive so I ticked that box.

The question is really what are you using it for. I drive in London every day and that drove my decision on spec to some degree.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 03:27 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for your replies.

Think I will certainly be getting the performance seats then and just need to make my mind up on the CCB's.

I will be using it every day as my commuter car in London. I think then I might try and organise a test drive if possible with a GTS with the CCB's and then make a decision.

Yes definitely getting the interior carbon and performance package. Colour wise probably Selenite Grey with silver forged alloys and Nappa leather / DINAMICA Exclusive microfibre black with red stitching.

Attached a few photos from the configurator.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-08-01 at 08.17.59.png
Views:	280
Size:	471.9 KB
ID:	513   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-08-01 at 08.18.52.png
Views:	288
Size:	719.6 KB
ID:	521   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-08-01 at 08.18.24.png
Views:	260
Size:	802.5 KB
ID:	529  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2015, 11:40 PM

welcome aboard to all the new faces!!

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hi,

The dealership managed to bring my delivery slot forward from the original January date and I have just taken delivery.

Have attached a few photos. Very happy with the car and the build quality of the interior is amazing, as is the sound!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image7-min.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	328.0 KB
ID:	826   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0390-min (1).jpg
Views:	211
Size:	473.5 KB
ID:	834   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0391-min.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	219.8 KB
ID:	842   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0394-min.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	238.2 KB
ID:	850  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 01:46 PM

Garage
Congrats!
I pray it serves you well!

Don't let the car fool you...
My real treasure is in Heaven!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 04:14 PM

Looks amazing. The interior shot you took is awesome. That gleam of yellow light really makes it.

Congrats!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 09:55 PM

I don't recall seeing any seat option in Canada? Is this something new or did I miss something? My second GTS arrived yesterday at Langley MB and I thought I got most options
Here's a pic the dealer sent me. I will get delivery next week when I get back from overseas.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image_1449802495717.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	857  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 05:51 AM

Better pics! Are these what you call Preformance seats? I paid $3,400 extra for Napa leather.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image_1449831018852.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	873   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1449831050778.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	881  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes AMG GT Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page