well, i love some things about it and there's some things i'm not too fond of. I, of course am making my comparison against my 2014 R8, that i had to sell because dumb dumb me didn't call our local Audi dealer ahead of time to see IF they could service an R8. I made the assumption that it could be serviced there and they quickly inform me that they do NOT do anything with that car. This is what i get for living in the deep south, small town USA. Sadly there is no Audi dealer within a 4hr drive to service my car so i must let her go and many tears were shed because i had not one negative thing to say about that car. It was pure joy from start to finish and perfect hands down for me in every way. So, with that said, buying the GTS is meant to fill the R8 void for me. I am going to be honest here...here's my opinions so far. Please don't beat me up, i have only had it a few days and she's not broke in yet and i have much more to learn about it..and i'm a girl so the things that are important to me, may not be same for you. this will not include comments on top speed, cornering and such since the motor isn't broke in, i will not abuse it....yet. ;-)
1. Love push button start as compared to my Audi
2. LOVE THE STEREO- stock system is BAD AZZ
3. Interior look and quality and feel is beyond stunning. Everything within good reach and fairly easy to understand once you fiddle around.
4. Stunning aggressive look
5. Selenite gray is beautiful in person.
6. Engine Sound is Bad AZZ, love love it.
7. Lighting is awesome, outside and inside.
8. Trunk space is good compared to my R8- easy to close hatch too.
9. Shifter knob is not strangely placed in my opinion...I'm tall and it's located where it should be and comfortable and easy. I loved the clinking of the R8 shifter too though...both nice If someone is 5' tall, i'm sure they'd find the shifter at their elbow location and not favorable but this isn't the case to me at all.
10. Cockpit size is fine to me...you can't be overweight and fit in this car though. The console is big and beefy but cabin space is good, not as roomy as my R8 though.
11. Excellent a/c system/the air vents are the bomb! they blow my R8 out of the water. big time....
12. Love my Fixed spoiler (edition 1 car)- Audi had little thing that popped up out of the rear, kinda wimpy to me....although 2016 has fixed one now.
13. Ride feels good, road noise not bad at all, and i don't hear the loud motor too much- to me, it must be insulated well. Nice grunt when mufflers are opened up though! love it..
dislike (in comparison to my R8)
1. Sport seats are awful to me. Nice to look at but absolutely no cush. Way too firm! I wish they would have offered the nice plush seats here, as they do in Europe. My R8 had the best of the best diamond stitch leather seating, plush, comfortable etc. Loved them.
2. I'm 5'11, with 36 inch inseam, and trim....so i fit in the seat but i really want to push my seat at least an inch back if not more, and i really want to recline my seat a minimum of 1-1.5 inches. I have my seat as far back as possible and back in recline as much as possible and i need/want more. Drive position isn't comfy to me. Not horrid but nothing like my R8. Head room is great, plenty of room for taller person. (probably best for someone with shorter legs though to fit comfortably.)
3. I am driving in comfort mode of course right now so when doing so, as soon as you start the car, the "ECO start stop button" is ON....i hate this, i would prefer to have it the other way around, turning it on when i want it...which would be never as i hate the engine going off while i'm idling too long. So, you must start engine, turn off ECO start stop and then proceed. This function is only in Comfort mode.
4. I don't like having to reach forward to pull brake lever every time i go to drive. When i pull into garage, i hit P and get out and go in....when it's time to leave, i get in, start engine and lean forward to pull E-brake lever....this is strange to me. I know this is minor but irritating.
5. I prefer to be in control of my own high beam. This car has high beam assist and when you have your light mode in "auto" (which is where i've kept it in every car ever owned) but in this mode, you have no control over turning on or off your high beam on your own. You must put your light lever in manual mode to have control over high beam as you wish. Strange to me...not crazy about it.
6. My R8 had dynamic lighting so when i turned a corner or steering wheel to the left or right, the whole area on the sides lit up...a lot! it was an awesome feature and i loved it. This car, surprisingly doesn't have that feature...i'm shocked really.
7. upper panel buttons are difficult to see and read...all too close together and i've accidentally called up the "info button" when meaning to turn on reading lamps.
that's it for now...only have 240 miles on her so i hope i get used to some of these things or get over them! lol...otherwise, i'll be shedding this beauty in 3 years to buy another R8...lol...both awesome cars, wish i could have both!