Car and Driver Includes AMG GT S in "Best Photos of the Year" Collection - Mercedes AMG GT Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2015, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Car and Driver Includes AMG GT S in "Best Photos of the Year" Collection

Quote:
“For the last five decades, the toughest question for any buyer of a high-end sports car has been: ‘How do I not end up with a 911?’ ” —Mike Duff
It's that time of year where the only things that appear in publications are Best of 2015 lists, but let's embrace it instead of futilely resisting. Car and Driver put together a collection of their best photos for the year, and the Mercedes-AMG GT S shows itself in several of the chosen images. Here I've included them in this post. under that is some quotes from the gallery and a link to the Car and Driver article itself.

Quote:
“That’s the joy of this car; both the engine and the chassis try desperately to win hearts and minds. It’s fun to be the swing vote in the battle for car control.”
Quote:
“The GT S’s 2:51.0 lap alone is worthy of amazement, but what shocked us more was how much fun we had in AMG’s latest sports car.” —Car and Driver Tech Staff

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 02:27 PM

The last picture there is quite good. The colors are really cool, as is the angle. I also like how the strpe of color through the middle of the photo contributes to the composition. (I've been reading on photo composition recently, so I'm a bit in the zone on those types of things right now.)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Not sure about composition as that's not my forte but I do know what I like and I like the Blue GT picture. It's all about the lens flare.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InHouseSpecial View Post
Not sure about composition as that's not my forte but I do know what I like and I like the Blue GT picture. It's all about the lens flare.
If you are interested...

Quote:
LEADING LINES

When we look at a photo our eye is naturally drawn along lines. By thinking about how you place lines in your composition, you can affect the way we view the image, pulling us into the picture, towards the subject, or on a journey "through" the scene. There are many different types of line - straight, diagonal, curvy, zigzag, radial etc - and each can be used to enhance our photo's composition.
http://www.photographymad.com/pages/...position-rules
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 04:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't know about you guys but if yellow was my favorite color on the AMG GT, the following picture would be my wallpaper:

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 05:34 PM

Just to continue my photo criticism, I also like how the shadow of the car created a shade of green when cast on the yellow tarmac.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 07:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't care about that. way too many good things going on here. The main one being how well lit the AMG GT is in that last picture, body lines perfectly defined especially with the way they captured the yellow.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes AMG GT Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page