AMG GT R Black Series Spotted Testing - Mercedes AMG GT Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
AMG GT R Black Series Spotted Testing

Of course it's not even questionable on where it's testing. But, this apparently is the AMG GT R Black Series and dear lord does it sound angry and it's shredding that track as it should be.

You can definitely tell the drivers really gettin on it and and throwing it into those turns but it seems to be holding up like a champ.

We can see a black roof, and black lower front fascia as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_co...&v=7RsAA-qssbc
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 12:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Black Series being the best trim MB has to offer in terms of performance, I can't wait to see it being tested against the Porsche 911 GT3 RS. That will be the ultimate showdow and at the rate MB is improving on the AMG GT... this might be the first to dethrone it. What do you think?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 03:27 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hard to say until the Black Series specs are released so we have some numbers to compare with. Going to be hard pressed to dethrone the Porsche 911 GT3 RS when it has 500 hp. But the AMG does look better IMO and should be backed up by a 500hp engine too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2017, 03:13 PM

The Black Series is going to be coming with over 577hp so you can rest assured that the power department will be great. Of course it won't go around the track lke a 911 GT3 RS but I don't even care about that as I'm not a tracking type, straight line fun and maybe some twisty roads is all I'll be going with.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2017, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
The Black Series is going to be coming with over 577hp so you can rest assured that the power department will be great. Of course it won't go around the track lke a 911 GT3 RS but I don't even care about that as I'm not a tracking type, straight line fun and maybe some twisty roads is all I'll be going with.
Sounds like you will be the type more into tunes than anything else since most guys happy with power and looking to improve performance in the turns will focus on wheels/tires and suspension/brakes.

Are you going to be looking into tunes?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 02:42 PM

If I end up with a Black Series, which I realistically am doubting but fantasizing about, if I do though, most definitely. With the ultimate goal of reaching 800whp, I'd be content. Still daily drivable, with the right power curve, it'll be insane.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes AMG GT Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page