Mercedes-AMG GT 4-Door Coupe Finally Revealed At Geneva - Mercedes AMG GT Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Mercedes-AMG GT 4-Door Coupe Finally Revealed At Geneva

Mercedes-AMG finally revealed their first in house sports car to the world at the 88th Geneva International Motor Show. Independently developed by the engineers in Affalterbach instead of improving on an already existing Mercedes model, the AMG GT 4-Door Coupe finally debuted today sans camouflage.

Once on sale, enthusiasts will be able to choose from four variants; the base-model GT 53 4MATIC+, GT 63 4MATIC+ and the range-topping GT 63 S 4MATIC+. Those opting for the GT 53 will find AMG's recently-launched 3.0-liter turbocharged inline-6-based mild-hybrid under the bonnet. Good enough to deliver a combined total of 429 horsepower and 384 pound-feet of torque. With the help of an electrical compressor, even the base model can rocket from 0-62mph in just 4.5 seconds before topping out at 177mph.

One step up is the GT 63, which features a 4.0-liter twin-turbocharged V-8 thatís good for 577 hp and 553 lb-ft of peak torque. Acceleration time is a bit faster at just 3.4 seconds and it has a top speed of 192mph.

Sharing the same V-8 engine is the GT 63 S, which has been tuned to produce an impressive 630 hp and 627 lb-ft of torque. With the help of a 9-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive, along with rear-wheel steering in V-8 models, the GT 63 S can go from 0-62 mph in 3.2 seconds and reach a top speed of 195mph.

According to CarScoops, the GT 4 will launch in Europe late this summer.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
When you see an SLS or a GT you know it is an AMG, this not so much.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I'd assume it's more for families with the need for speed. The front design gives it away as a performance model from Mercedes, but you wouldn't be able to tell that it's an AMG without the badge though the same could be said for a few other AMG offerings as well. The GT 4-Door is a family model, so I assume it won't scream track.
To each their own as I prefer the two doors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I think it looks fantastic and I like the minimalistic approach to a 4 door AMG. Its definitely more of a performance vehicle that will see everyday use. I'm interested to see how much the price will vary amongst the different trims as the powertrain is significantly different between them. I think that matte black GT 63 S is pretty AMG looking.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes AMG GT Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page