Taking orders - Mercedes AMG GT Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Unhappy Taking orders

I was at my dealership this afternoon and they showed me the build sheet from Netstar for a GTS that they just took an order on. The build decade was 12-12-2014. This is the largest Benz dealership in Oregon and they only received an allocation of 2 GTS's for 2015. They informed me that the GT won't be available until 2016. Both of their allocated GTS's have deposits on them.

Looks like these will be difficult to acquire.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 04:32 PM

That does sound pretty competitive to get one. Do you think it might be because you live in a small state though. I have a feeling it might be easier to get one if you live in California for example. Although there is more demand there too.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
That does sound pretty competitive to get one. Do you think it might be because you live in a small state though. I have a feeling it might be easier to get one if you live in California for example. Although there is more demand there too.
The market is more of a factor than the actual state. Portland is a pretty big market in the Pacific Northwest, second only to Seattle. There are 3 MBZ dealerships within 30 minutes of each other here, and the dealership that I'm referring to is the largest of the 3 and probably does 4x the volume of the other 2 combined.

Every dealership will have an allocation based upon their sales volume most likely. Similar to the launch of the R8. Although Audi also limited the dealerships that could even sell an R8.

Patience will be key here. And I certainly don't think you'd be able to negotiate a single penny off of the MSRP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Wet View Post
I was at my dealership this afternoon and they showed me the build sheet from Netstar for a GTS that they just took an order on. The build decade was 12-12-2014. This is the largest Benz dealership in Oregon and they only received an allocation of 2 GTS's for 2015. They informed me that the GT won't be available until 2016. Both of their allocated GTS's have deposits on them.

Looks like these will be difficult to acquire.
I've always taken allocation to mean the cars absolutely destined for Dealer X. I've never taken it to mean unable to order. Perhaps lengthy more appropriate

Welcome as well!

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Wet View Post
The market is more of a factor than the actual state. Portland is a pretty big market in the Pacific Northwest, second only to Seattle. There are 3 MBZ dealerships within 30 minutes of each other here, and the dealership that I'm referring to is the largest of the 3 and probably does 4x the volume of the other 2 combined.

Every dealership will have an allocation based upon their sales volume most likely. Similar to the launch of the R8. Although Audi also limited the dealerships that could even sell an R8.

Patience will be key here. And I certainly don't think you'd be able to negotiate a single penny off of the MSRP.
Yea this doesn't really seem like the kind of vehicle that you get to negotiate on very much especially when it is still brand new. If you are looking for a deal, look elsewhere.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It also depends on the person you deal with and what deals you have done with them. But being the vehicle it is and how new it is...it's going to be tough.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes AMG GT Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page