3Likes

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
It's one thing to pay extra for paint, but $10k extra? That sounds crazy to me. I do think that the yellow looks good, but I'll happily take another option that doesn't add $10k to my bill thank you.
And trust me it looks even better in person. I was told today, the reason it costs 10k is because two things, one, it's a AMG exclusive color and two, that supposedly they paint the yellow colors on a different line from the others cause the yellow paint has more steps in the process. I really want a yellow one but the price and the fact I think it will draw to much attention. Or should I say the **** with it and just do it? I would appreciate everyone's opinion.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 11:14 PM

yes it seems a bit matte metallic, you pay for paradox will you be disappointed with the car if you don't get it in yellow?

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Kelly View Post
yes it seems a bit matte metallic, you pay for paradox will you be disappointed with the car if you don't get it in yellow?
It's definitely not a matte metallic at all. It's quite sparkly if I say so myself. But, seeing it in artificial light but seeing it in the sunshine I'm quite sure it will be a show stopper. I feeling like I would be kinda disappointed if I didn't get one in yellow. But, I just don't know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 05:04 PM

I mean I'm sure it is a bit more expensive and difficult to put on the car, maybe that would constitute selling the paint color for more money, but $10k just seems like an awful lot for a paint color. If you can afford it and are okay with spending that much money, then I say get it because the color is great looking.

Kev Malli likes this.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 01:52 PM

Keep in mind that for some people, $10k when they are already spending over $100k on the car won't seem that bad. It just adds a bit to your monthly payment.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
Keep in mind that for some people, $10k when they are already spending over $100k on the car won't seem that bad. It just adds a bit to your monthly payment.
It's just the principal of the $10k to me. Cause money isn't the object cause if I like it I'll get it. I got to drive an Edition 1 this past Friday. I love that color. So it's between Solarbeam Yellow and Designo Selenite Grey.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes AMG GT Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page