User Tag List

4Likes

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-22-2017, 11:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
OP,
So happy I found this thread. I'm new to the forum and I get creaking and clunking from the rear of my car too! You're not alone lol.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2017, 12:10 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sundevil View Post
Also had them check the front seat butt pad as it seems to move a bit. Was told that there was a problem with them requiring a new seat frame if it fell within the certain vin numbers. My car did not fall in that vin category for replacement so they had to open a warranty case to replace the front drivers seat.
Also have this problem with my front seat butt pad. Moves the slightest bit, but its noticeable.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2017, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnbwamg View Post
Also have this problem with my front seat butt pad. Moves the slightest bit, but its noticeable.
Take it to the dealer and they will fix it and many replace your seat frame.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-22-2018, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Great this validates that I am not the only one who is thinking my front seat pad has an issues. I am going in on Wednesday for this. I also have a clunking noise from the front right side a-pillar that will get checked out. I think it might be a loose airbag module or the like. Will report back next week.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 07:24 AM

I had a rattle that only occurred on rough roads. It seemed to come from the passenger side a-pillar / dashboard area. I brought it to Mercedes Benz of Burlington in MA, a super competent shop with great reputation. They determined that it was related to the passenger side hood air vent and hood hinge installation. The redid everything and installed the hood hinge such that there was zero stress in the system. The problem seems to be gone. There is actually a PTSS case (LI62.30-P-061211) for this one, so it was a known issue. Perhaps this is a useful hint and some of you have the same issue. I would not have guessed this was the issue from the noise. It is very obscure.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnbwamg View Post
I had this issue taken care of with MB of Burlington, MA. They replaced the retaining bolts of the seats on both sides. They removed the butt pads and applied new clips. They applied extra felt tape on the pillow to allow for easier sliding. They applied a special grease. The seats are super tight again and look great. Really liked they did both sides without me even asking. They also re-initialized the weight sensing system, probably a standard procedure to clear any codes.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 06:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I hope these same issues won't show up on the new AMG GT 4-Door. I feel it will hit a larger customer base and it will the last area they want to mess up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes AMG GT Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page