User Tag List

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
aah

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation No Extended Warranty

I just bought an AMG GTS, with 50k miles. Great car. Problem was finding an extended warranty. It was no surprise to learn that Mercedes would not touch it, since the warranty had already expired. It was a BIG surprise to learn from my merc dealer that they don't do extended warranties on the AMG GT, even if I had brought it to them within the warranty. So, heads up on that, check yourself if you don't believe it. It is alarming and disappointing that Mercedes doesn't believe in the car enough to extend the warranty. Then, my attention turned to finding a reputable after market insurance provider. After combing the forums and info online, I found there are only a few left out there, that will cover this car. many say they do, until you get to the quote phase, and find out they no longer cover it... I found a good one, that I wanted to share. Info is below. I found them to have a great exclusionary policy (the best you can get) and the price was about 4500 for 60k miles and 4 years coverage...at least in my situation. I only found one other company that would do it and they seemed shady to me. These guys price matched the other company. These guys provide their own underwriting and have been around for about 10 years with good BBB record. That was key to me and as I learned, most of these companies are just reselling for an underwriter...not these guys. Get some peace of mind while you can. It seems like the availability of insurance policies for extended warranty on these cars is drying up. If you plan to keep your car and think you will get a policy later, you may find by then, none are available. Again, Mercedes won't extend their warranty, which is sad. With the big wave of these cars coming out of warranty, and off lease, this is going to be an issue. One $30k engine issue will sink your opinion of this great car. If you get one of these policies, expect to put down 10%, to start process, then provide rest within a week or so. Policy started 30 days later. I am very pleased with their service and easy, no hassle sales process. The only sad part of my story is that I had the car one week and clipped a deer. I narrowly missed the doe, but did not see the following buck...he put his head on my windshield (cracking it) and flipped over car. luckily only scratches, glass, and passenger mirror were damaged...however, that mirror cost 4k to replace...different policy kicked in there, thankfully. I just received my permanent tag and car has been in body shop for last 3 weeks...it would be funny if not so sad. Enjoy those AMG GTs, they are great!

Contact info of the agent I used.
Charles Hughes charles.hughes[at]infiniteautoprotection.com
Infinite Auto Protection
(734) 396-6605
10000 Wayne Rd
Suite 202
Romulus, MI 48174
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 08:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would not touch a 50k mile AMG Gt-S either. But the whole warranty thing and not having one is why I will be selling my car in the next year or so before the current warranty comes up. Probably going with a Porsche 991 GT-3. Much better in the long-term but the AMG is a great car.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes AMG GT Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page